Daddy Mac and the French Fries
Forever Bee Running
Beat the Smith's
Papa and the Girls
All Male Team
Numerica - Honey Badgers
Jumpin' Beans Adventure Relay 2012
Idaho's most scenic and challenging relay race!
Located in Hayden Canyon, a few miles north of Coeur d'Alene. (Entrance is at 13782 N. Government Way, Hayden, ID 83835.) Join the fun July 7, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. as we race to end hunger! This is a full-blown, no-holds barred, rip-snortin' family-friendly adventure race. The total relay-team distance is 26.2 miles (a marathon). Breathtaking scenery and hidden trails await your adventurous spirit...oh, and there's a wee bit of change in elevation (as in, "Whee! This is like a roller coaster!"). If you're one of those power-walking ninnies who thinks a freeway off-ramp is a hill, put your thumb in your mouth and hang your head in shame...and get out while you can (unless you're faster than most runners). If you're like us and you love a challenge...if you love to have fun in the name of good causes, keep reading. We're the lucky ones, so let's get together for a day of relay race excitement. Keep reading to learn how it all works, and how to get involved.
How does it work?
- Each relay team runs 26.2 mi. (10k, 5k, 2-miles, 1-mile, 1/2-mile, 1/4-mile; Repeat all 6 distances; 100-yard finish.)
- Each relay team may have no more than six participants.
- Each relay team pays $60 for early-bird registration. (Early-bird ends June 30, 2012. $90 registration fee in July.) For a team of six early-birds, this is just $10 per racer! Rated "Best Value" west of Fiji by 99 out of 100 adventure junkies. Jump in...before the race fills up!
- Team Captains ensure that ALL relay slots are filled. (e.g. A team of six would have each team member sign up to race in two relay legs. A team of one person would sign up to race all 12 legs + the bonus leg = the entire marathon.) All relay hand-offs occur at the central staging area, so teams do not need to spread out. Everyone can hang out in the "rock-on" zone and cheer on their team members!
The final 100 yards may be raced by any team-member, or the entire team holding hands. (Disclaimer: We shall not be held liable if the team bond produced by crossing the finish line while holding hands results in team-hand-holding while visiting the Porta-Potties.)
- A wrist baton must be worn or carried from start to finish. During baton hand-off, both passer and receiver must handle the baton simultaneously. In other words, no throwing the baton, which might bean someone in the noggin'.
- Pre-Race Dinner & T-Shirt orders are separate from race entry. Click below to register.
REGISTER ONLINE @ ACTIVE.COM
CLICK THE FLYER TO BE REDIRECTED
If you experience any difficulties with registration, please contact email@example.com
Active.com charges a small additional fee for online registration
GET YOUR COMMEMORATIVE