NO MORE REGISTRATIONS BEING ACCEPTED for Jumpin' Beans Xtreme Relay Race
Idaho's most scenic and Xtreme relay race!
Located in Hayden Canyon, a few miles north of Coeur d'Alene. (Entrance is at 13782 N. Government Way, Hayden, ID 83835.) The fun last occurred July 5, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. in a race to end hunger! This was a full-blown, no-holds barred, rip-snortin' family-friendly Xtreme relay race. The total relay-team distance was 26.2 miles (a marathon). In 2013, we had requests for a half marathon option, so in 2014 year racers had the choice during registration. Breathtaking scenery and hidden trails awaited everyone's adventurous spirit...oh, and there was a wee bit of change in elevation (as in, "Whee! This is like a roller coaster!"). Registrants were told: "If you're one of those power-walking ninnies who thinks a freeway off-ramp is a hill, plop your thumb in your mouth and hang your head in shame...and get out while you can. If you're like us and you love a challenge...if you love to have fun in the name of good causes, keep reading. If you're lucky enough to race in the wild, you're lucky enough. So let's get together for a day of relay race excitement. Keep reading to learn how it all works, and how to get involved."
How it all went down...
- 26.2 mi. relay option (10k, 5k, 2-miles, 1-mile, 1/2-mile, 1/4-mile; Repeat all 6 distances; 100-yard finish.)
- 13.1 mi. half option (same distances, no repeat)
- Each relay team may have no more than six participants.
- Each runner pays $35 For the FULL MARATHON. Half Marathon is $25 per person.
- Team Captains ensure that ALL relay slots are filled. (e.g. A team of six would have each team member sign up to race in two relay legs. A team of one person would sign up to race all 12 legs + the bonus leg = the entire marathon.) All relay hand-offs occur at the central staging area, so teams do not need to spread out. Everyone can hang out in the "rock-on" zone and cheer on their team members! The final 100 yards may be raced by any team-member, or by the entire team holding hands. (Disclaimer: We shall not be held liable if the team bond produced by crossing the finish line while holding hands results in team-hand-holding while visiting the Porta-Potties.)
- A wrist baton must be worn or carried from start to finish. During baton hand-off, both passer and receiver must handle the baton simultaneously. In other words, no throwing the baton, which might bean someone in the noggin'.
- Full Marathon Registration ($35 per person) includes a Medal, T-Shirt & Race Entry.
- Half Marathon Registration ($25 per person) includes Medal, & Race Entry.
~~~ Kids 12 and under are FREE for both races. Click below to register ~~~
NO MORE REGISTRATIONS ONLINE @ http://jumpinbeans.mycustomevent.com/
DO NOT CLICK THE FLYER TO BE REDIRECTED
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MyCustomEvent.com charges a small additional fee for online registration
Fava Bean Sponsor
Garbanzo Bean Sponsors
Lima Bean Sponsors
Awards will be as follows:
- First-place all female team
- First-place mixed gender team
- First-place all male team
- First-place three-generation team, as defined by the following age groups - over age 55, age 30-45, under age 18 on race day, or defined as three generations from the same family (i.e. a grandparent, parent, and child).
- Grand Prize Trophy awarded to the team that raises the most in monetary donations for the cause.
NO MORE REGISTRATIONS for 2014
If you want to register the old fashioned way, please mail your complete registration and check to:
Jumpin' Beans Mobile Food Bank, 9428 N. Government Way, Hayden, ID 83835
Lentil Bean Sponsors